Sponsored Links

We were not abducted, say 4 INC ministers

It’s now the word of a former Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) minister against that of four INC ministers.

The four INC ministers, who are based in the INC headquarters in Diliman, Quezon City, denied that three of them and a relative were kidnapped and tortured allegedly on orders of top leaders of the sect.

The denial came amid reports that 11 INC ministers had been abducted, as the expulsion of the mother and siblings of INC head Eduardo Manalo, and allegations of massive corruption in the sect, abuse of power by some leaders and high living of some ministers came to light.

In an interview at the INC headquarters, ministers Arnel A. Tumanan, Juliusar “Jojo” R. Nemis and Nolan Quiroz Olarte on Tuesday said that they decided to come forward to belie reports that they had been abducted.

Also present in the interview was Joven D. Sepillo Jr., a son of Joven Sepillo Sr., who was among the ministers mentioned as missing and allegedly ordered abducted and tortured by the INC.

Not present in the interview was Lowell “Boyet” Menorca II who was among those alleged to have been missing, but was traced to a police station in Dasmariñas, Cavite province. He was detained at the police station for allegedly threatening two workers with a hand grenade.

Menorca and his wife were reportedly abducted by armed INC members in Bulan, Sorsogon province, on July 17.

“We were not abducted and tortured anytime, anywhere. I strongly deny what had been published and uploaded to social media about my supposed abduction and torture,” Tumanan said.

Tumanan, an instructor at the Evangelical College of the INC, said he was at the Balintawak chapel when he was shown his picture on the Internet as among those supposedly taken by armed men for opposing INC orders.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/708725/we-were-not-abducted-say-4-inc-minis...
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook